Interesting Links for April 15th, 2010
A few interesting links about Photography, Technology, Social Media, and Gadgets that I’ve come across recently. Some are smart, some are funny, and some are just plain dumb, but they are all interesting for one reason or another. Have a look and let me know what you think:
- Photographing Children – Photographing their Art
Making images of the art your children create is a a great way to preserves it long after it has gone, AND takes away from the guilt on inevitably trashing it while they’re not looking.
- 70 Of The Best Photoshop Actions For Enhancing Photos | Creative Nerds
I use Photoshop less and less as Lightroom gets better, but I do occasionally go there for special effects. Actions are a really great way to make that process fast, and some of these actions are excellent!
- Eye Contact in Photography
An interesting article about how an image changes depending on whether their is eye contact with the subject or not.
- Lens Rentals Canada
Renting cameras and lenses in Canada used to be ridiculously expensive, largely due to the cost of shipping. With the arrival of Lens Rentals Canada on the scene that all changes. Return shipping is included in the rental prices, which is already much more affordable than the big camera stores offering.
- zarias.com :: The blog of editorial photographer Zack Arias » Zack Arias :: Sucksessful Commercial Photographer
Want a sneak peak into the life of a sucKsessfuLL commercial photographer?
- BBC Wildlife Magazine
Free PDF "Masterclass" articles from BBC Wildlife Magazine. These are good reads and beautifully prepared.
- 5 pro tips for shooting birds in flight | Pixel Photography
5 pro tips for shooting birds in flight
- Canon 5D Mark II Completely Disassembled
If you’ve always wanted to see what a Canon 5D Mark II looks like opened up, you’re in luck.
- The Flash Blog » Apple Slaps Developers In The Face
A direct response to Apple from an Adobe employee regarding the recent tactics Apple has used to keep Adobe products off the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. "Go screw yourself Apple."
- Frommer’s Now F’ing Both Freelancers AND Photo Enthusiasts! « Photo Traveler
The ongoing trials and tribulations of the stock photographer, and some bonus content about giving away the farm by entering rights-grabbing photo contests.
- LearnMyShot – learn how to photograph anything
Watch Photography Tutorials, Free Photography Lessons, and Live Instructional Videos
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Learning Center | Learn Adobe Photoshop CS4, Lightroom and Digital Photography | NAPP
Scott Kelby and the “Photoshop Guys" from Photoshop User TV host a series of video resources dedicated to showing the new features in CS5.
- gskinner.com: gBlog: Return of the Blue Lego
Apple is continuing to sidestep the irritation iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch who are frustrated that the devices don't support Flash websites. This article is an attempt to return the focus back to where it belongs.
- Cameras – Canon Canada Inc.
WOW!! Canon Canada has finally updated their website. It now looks like a modern website instead of the Geocities style site they've used for years!
- Chase Jarvis Blog: Introducing creativeLIVE.com: Worldwide FREE Creative Education [updated]
A brand new free photography education resource pulled together by Chase Jarvis, showcasing some fantastic photographers as instructors!
- Digital is Better than Film: 5 Situations
Although he has become increasingly fanatical about shooting film instead of digital, Brian Auer does see a need to shoot digital on occasion.
- Mark IV (discount offer!) & 7D User’s Guides Info, Charlotte Harbor Schedule, & BAA Bulletin #322 « Arthur Morris/BIRDS AS ART
Users Guides are now available from Canon Explorer of Light Arthur Morris (Birds As Art) for the Canon 1D Mark IV and the Canon 7D
- 4 Lights | A Step By Step Guide | Jake Garn Photography
A step by step walk through showing how a photographer built up the lighting to create an image.